Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sense of accomplishment comes from doing what you know to be right, regardless of their difficulty.
I am now sitting back, drinking a Stewart's root beer(4 for a buck! how do you pass that up?), after making and eating dinner. My hard accomplishment of the day.
It's been a rather quite day. Church in the morning, nap in the afternoon, dinner in the evening. I have religion homework that I should do but, in true spirit of this whole weekend, I am putting it off. I've decided that either I've become trunky way too early for this semester or it hasn't worn off yet from last semester. Luckily my school load isn't too much. Maybe that's a bad thing, no drive to get my rear in gear. But I am pulling it off.
Today I have achieved the peak of my annoyance with my roommates. Now let's put this in relevancy, in alll fairness I am not that annoyed with them. I think they are pretty cool, but it is so blatantly obvious that they just got out of high school that it's pathetic sometimes. I don't like the idea but it's bugging me that I may have to play mom. I'd rather take the Drill Sergeant approach. But I feel that would quickly lead to bad feelings in the apartment. Though I still think that leaving clothes in the bathroom is a I'm-not-ready-to-be-an-adult show of character. (I have a feeling that I could be pegged on this one sometimes, but it's college, at least I don't do it here!) But they are still pretty cool kids, just need some life experience.
I went and saw Vocal Point yesterday. Absolutely fantastic. I loved it. Even though I couldn't find a date! (I tried all week) I wish they would come more often.
I'm reading a book on combat. the psychological and physiological effects on the body from combat. I find it rather interesting. He talks about how the intense fear that comes from high-stress situations makes us lose our fine motor skills. That is why training is so important. When something high stress happens you fall back into instincts. An example he shared is that, as families, you should unplug the phone and practice dialing 911 with your kids because in a situation where someone is scared they will forget what to do if they have not practiced it. He said to do this once a year. That way when someone is super scared they can react automatically and dial 911.
I would love to go to Europe right now. A good walk in the city of Colmar in eastern France or Bienne, a half german, half french city in Switzerland. I loved it in the winter time there. I really need to go back.
Well, I am going to enjoy the rest of my evening.

1 comment:

  1. Good post - I enjoyed the meandering. I think you've done pretty good at getting your clothes out of the bathroom of late. I'm glad you are getting to experience my shoes! (The Mom ones) I'm sure you are doing a good job filling them. Keep it up. (I do recommend staying way from high heels however.)

    ReplyDelete