Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Wisdom of Parents

I had the opportunity to be home for a few weeks before I left for basic training. My mom saw this as an opportunity to put my muscles to work and have me build a patio and do yard work. Her reasoning of why I should do it was because it would prepare me for the Army. I thought that maybe the weightlifting would prolly help but I never realized how on target my mom was.

Today I spent the morning picking weeds and hauling rocks.

Can anyone say creepy? It was like a flashback to home, minus the music I was able to listen to there. But I find that, once again, the tedious work at home really did prepare me for the Army. Quite literally. So if anybody asks in the future how I learned to be a good soldier, I will not say my Drill Sergeants. It was my mom.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome post Nith - BTW I REALLY like the colors you selected for your blog. Fab.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you saying perchance that your mother is a drill sergeant?? Hmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete