Monday, June 14, 2010

BYU-Idaho

This trip back up to Rexburg has been very interesting. Yesterday was rather cloudy and depressing. I found that most of the day I was wondering why I came up and why I was coming back here. I felt so outside of everything and like I was looking in from the outside (maybe it didn't help that I was sleeping in my car on the outskirts of town haha!) But today has been much better, and the sun is out. I realized that my experience in the Army has changed me beyond return and that I will have to incorporate that into my life. This, I believe, will have an effect on how I view BYU-I for now on but I hope that it enhances the experience instead of destroying it. It is fun to see some old faces and it's interesting to see what emotions return with this place. I was at my sister's old apartment building today and I half expected her and her roommates to come out. It'll will be great when she gets back up here.
The construction has changed alot of stuff. It's really weird to see what has changed. Some of it is pretty cool. Other stuff, such as city permits to park on the friggin street qualifies and retardedness, in all it's glory. They do have this really big and new food court area that I hear is great but costs an arm and a leg. I may try it tonight.

So I will sit here in the Library, in my favorite spot and just enjoy the day. It is odd but this spot in the Library in the late afternoon or early evening is very relaxing for me. It's one of the few places I feel that I can just sit and enjoy happiness inside me. People say that happiness is a choice and while I agree to an extent, there are some things in this world that bring people happiness.


Otherwise God would have not made a beautiful world.

No comments:

Post a Comment