Friday, June 11, 2010

The Peace of the Mountains

I've been up in Mantua for the past few days and it has been great. The first day was absoluelty gorgeous. The sun was out and green covered the mountains like a soft blanket. I've really enjoyed the time here and the peace that just comes. I really need to come up more often.
Prolly one of the activities up here that I've enjoyed was having some ATVs up here. That was alot of fun. A few of us went out today and I got really muddy. That is a sign of a good go. My next stop will be Rexburg. I have to say it will be interesting to say the least. I wonder what I will think of the place and the people that I seel. I believe that if I had gone up right when I got home I would have wanted to leave. There are a few people I'm really excited to see. Others that I don't want to see. And one that I may want to run into.
I just read an article of part of the process to transport fallen soldiers home. I was somewhat sombered by it. I have alot of respect for those who work around the clock to bring home the fallen.

I love chocolate ice cream

I wonder where is the line between venting frustration about someone and attacking someone unrighteously. I have been talking alot about one individual in particular that drives me up the wall and I wonder if telling the story over and over again to people is the right thing. I wouldn't say it to their face because I don't believe they could take it but I wonder if I overstepped my bounds by talking about it so much. Should we just let them continue to be a bother and not say anything to anybody about it? or do we vent it to others so we don't bust our lid and let them know, in a not so calm way, that they are retarded? Maybe someday I will know when to speak and when not to speak. I choose avoiding this person for the time being.

2 comments:

  1. I love chocolate ice cream, too.

    I;ve found that if you talk to much about it, you just get more and more annoyed. It's really not fair to the person or to yourself. In truth, the charitable, humble, honest thing to do is to pray and ask Heavenly Father to help you let it go. Because what's the point? If the person finds out they will be hurt, and all you're doing right now is hurting yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - it's is gracious and charitable to keep it to yourself with maybe a close exception. And it's good for your self-discipline!

    ReplyDelete