Monday, June 14, 2010

The Sword of Justice

I read something from a friend of mine that made me cringe. She is dealing with some retardedness and I am surprised at people for some of their reactions to what she wrote.
No one should ever be treated the way she is by some people. People need a wake up call every once in a while.

I met my friend some time ago while I was attending education week. For some reason I can still remember exactly how she looked and what she wore. Yeah, I know. Random. But it's true. She left quite the impression on me, enough that I had a crush on her for the better part of two years. She doesn't know this and it makes me laugh sometimes. But recently, after not seeing her for a long time, she showed up again. This time it was by phone and I was quite surprised. The circumstances in which that was in wasn't the happy-est(spelling???) but I thoroughly enjoyed talking to her. This started a string of phone conversations while I was in training that I looked forward to. It was so nice to talk to someone that not only shared values but interests so I didn't run out of things to say in 20 minutes. I really appreciated this line of support though she may not have realized how much it helped. She is very up front about things and she has a great outlook on life and strives to keep the Lord close. ((I just got a text from her saying she is coming this Saturday, random. she once said that when she was about to talk to me on the phone for the first time she felt a little nervous. I think now I reciprocate the feeling. Weird.))
In any case, I read something that she had written about and that is what caused me to write this. She is dealing with a some bums in her life. Man is responsible for his standing before God, family, and country. No one cannot consider himself a true man (or woman) who does not strive for this.
I know it isn't my responsibility to make everything all right but I do wish there is something I could do, in return for her help to me while I was away.

I hope that someday people will come to know of the peace that comes from following Jesus Christ. It will rid this world of alot of unnecessary pain.

1 comment: